Friday, December 24, 2021

Friday check in: Solstice week and Christmas Eve edition

 

I was at the marina on Tuesday to see the sun rise on the solstice -- 7:14 a.m.   (I went out at 4 p.m. to try to get the sunset but it was overcast.)

Yesterday we enjoyed pre-Christmas luncheon with my sister and her husband at their house.  No photos, just good conversation.  We had delicious crockpot venison from the deer my sister shot and field-dressed herself!

# # # # # # #




The slab quilt is finished!  





 
A scrappy top deserves a scrappy back. I remember getting the tropical floral on the right when we were in Bermuda in 2008.  (Up close these prints don't go together thematically -- upper right pansies, then tropical, then black butterflies on yellow, then green pears on blue.  Middle left pink peonies, below that watermelons, below that orange/lime green buttons.  But from a distance you see only the shapes of the prints and the colors.)


Gotta get going -- dinner preparations for tomorrow and other errands.   

 


P.S. A merman (mermaid?) on the breakwater, dressed in holiday style.  


2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas. So good to have time with your sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the front AND the back!

    Merry Christmas Nann.

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.