Friday, August 27, 2021

Friday check in: rummage sale quilt rescue

 Our church's summer rummage sale begins today.  I helped set up on Wednesday afternoon and will take a shift this morning.  The perk for helpers is getting to shop early and paying half price.  At previous sales I've scored some yardage -- not much, but such a bargain!  (In May I got 8 yards for $1.50 which provided the backing for Grassy Creek.)

Well, the only FABRIC this time was a fat quarter.   

But I got all of these (plus that fat quarter, plus five packages of unopened Christmas-letter paper, plus two rolls of clear Contact paper) for $10.00.   

THESE ARE NOT MY QUILTS!

I don't know who made them (no labels, and no evidence that there were labels).  I'll give them to the guild for the silent auction at our 2022 show.  


Machine-embroidered.  









About 12 x 14, lots of embroidery. 


About 8 x 10


Beautiful machine applique. 






Hand-quilted. 









These are UFOs. I won't give them to the guild. (If you'd like to finish one or both, let me know.) 



This is a big one. The flowers are machine-embroidered.  



Bargello with machine embroidery.


Embroidery detail. 

Linking up with appreciative quiltnakers at Finished or Not Friday and Can I Get a Whoop Whoop? 

7 comments:

  1. Those are all wonderful finds! I'd be interested in finishing one or both of the last two for our quilt ministry's donation to the local church camp benefit auction. Do you have sizes of each? Thanks for sharing these with your readers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely projects and such great bargains. I hope the last ones will be finished someday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting finds but I have more than enough of my own UFOs ! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You found some treasures, for sure. There are some beauties in this collection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love LOVE that cozy cottage quilt, Nann!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such treasures! I really like the house with all the embroidery.

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.