Friday, February 26, 2021

Friday check in: under the needle and a tasty treat

 Thank you for your guesses / votes about the rainbow geese layout.  Here is a sneak peek.  Come back Monday morning to see the final arrangement.    

I'm using two vintage prints for the backing, along with insert strips from a contemporary fabric.

It's Purim (last evening through this evening).   My hamantaschen get more triangular with each batch.  I have a tendency to put too much filling on each round so they lose their shape.  I used the recipe on the Solo label--essentially a short, not-very-sweet cookie (2 sticks of butter and 3/4 c sugar). 


It occurred to me that hamantaschen would be a good technical challenge for the Great British Baking Show.  I'm not the only one who thought that -- this post is a hoot! 


Linking up here:  Can I Get a Whoop Whoop?   Finished or Not Friday


3 comments:

  1. Don’t know how I’ll wait until Monday for the reveal! Cookies look tasty regardless of shape! Better too much filling than not enough! Thanks for the GBBO take off! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm... I can't tell which layout you chose. :o((

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do that patience is not a virtue that I have ..... right>.....

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.