Sunday, June 21, 2020

Weekly update: solstice, a flurry of pink, and inspiration





I was at the lakefront to take  pictures of the solstice sunrise at 5:13 a.m. on Saturday.









The sun set at 8:32 p.m.  I didn't leave soon enough to reach open fields but the evening colors were spectacular, too. 

This is Lake Andrea in Pleasant Prairie, WI. 











Pink skies, pink fabric:  I am working on a baby quilt.  I got the design idea from a FB post (though I didn't note the source).  The name will be "A Star is Born."  

Conveniently, pink is the Rainbow Scrap Challenge color for June so I'll add this post to the link up. 









More pink!

We have two hardy roses that come back year after year.  The red rambler rose is in the back garden.    The pink rosebush used to be a floribunda but one year my husband overzealously pruned it below the graft. The bush survived but ever since the prolific blossoms are "just plain" rugosa roses.   (I have planted fancy Knockout roses twice and neither thrived.)




I took some books to the local used book store and stopped to shop. I found three new-to-me quilt books.

AQS had a $5 clearance sale and I indulged.
Do I need more ideas?
Why not?! 

Linking up with
RSC So Scrappy
Oh Scrap!
 Design Wall Monday


P.S.  Happy Father's Day!   (1957. I'm on the left and my sister's on the right. I remember Dad's camera bag.) 


11 comments:

  1. I'd've been able to identify you even without the hint. Isn't it amazing how facial features don't change over decades?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your sunrise and sunset pictures. I hardly paid attention to the solstice. It was nice to see your photos. Pinks look really pretty. It's one of the colors I don't use all that much. Looking forward to seeing what you'll make with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the baby quilt and your photos! Those roses are lovely and so are you sunsets!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful sunrise/sunset photos. I think you inherited your dad's sweet smile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous sunset/sunrise photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pink skies, pink flowers, and PINK sewing... LOVE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous set of skies!!! WOW!! that had to be good for the soul!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh -- those skies are spectacular! And I love the idea of "A Star Is Born" for a baby quilt. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such beautiful sunrise/set scenes!!! They're always more beautiful at the lake. Great job on the baby quilt. And love the photo with your father!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful sunsets! Did you watch the solstice online, too? We are in the wrong hemisphere to see it live. I love all your pink fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful sunrises and sunsets. They've been pretty here too the last few days. Enjoy your pretty in pink stitching.

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.