Sunday, June 30, 2019

#alaac19 post-conference: Manassas

On Tuesday, June 25, I went to visit Pat at the hospital. I returned to the hotel, checked out, and went to the airport to pick up a rental. car.  Destination:   Manassas Battlefield National Park.  GPS kept routing me on I-66 but that is EZ Pass only and I did not have EZ Pass in the rental car. I know that every interstate highway has a parallel U.S. highway--in this case, US 29. It took a few mis-turns to get there, but I did.

I was in time to see the orientation film and to take a ranger-led walking tour.  I didn't take time to visit the site of Second Manassas (1862) which was a mile down the road. [It turned out I had plenty of time, but I didn't know that.]









Two wounded soldiers carved their names into the floor at the Stone House.







General Stonewall Jackson and me.




Detail of the Stone House.   




1 comment:

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.