Wednesday, November 1, 2017

November: stash report and a homespun sampler

Halloween was sunny but very chilly. We had few trick-or-treaters so there's lots of candy left over.

I remembered to say "Rabbit, rabbit!" when I woke up.  (Here is the reason.)

The stash report for October:
January-September in:  376-1/2
October in: 40-3/4
Total in: 417-1/4   ($1407.26, avg. $3.37/yd)

January-September out: 417
October out: 45-3/4
Total out: 462-2/4

Well, that's more used than acquired. Though the total expenditure is high, the average per yard is about 28% of retail.

From rabbits to squirrels:  I volunteered to be  Pearl Sister to one of the new members of the Alpha Gamma Delta provisional chapter at East Carolina University. (Provisional chapters used to be called colonies. There are no initiated members to be sister-mothers (big sisters) so alumnae are invited to do that.)  The chapter will be installed November 11. I made this mug rug for my Pearl Sis.

(Alpha Gam colors are red, buff, and green. The mascot is Skiouros the squirrel.)

On Monday I posted a photo of homespun fabric pulled for a new project, my One Monthly Goal for November.   In March Moda began a block-of-the-week called Block Heads. Six designers are taking turns with a block they've designed. Each one is making all the blocks in different fabric colorways/genres.   Here is the Moda blog with links to all the blocks.

Blocks are 6-1/2" unf.
My OMG is to catch up on Block Heads.  That meant starting with the first block!  I'm using homespun plaids and plain muslin.  As of last evening I finished #1 - #14.  (This morning block #35 was published.)


I store the homespuns on the bottom shelves of the big bookcases behind the cutting table.   I've pulled them out and dumped them into these big tubs for the time being. Maybe I'd turn to them more if they were easier to reach.

(The de-boned shirts are in another box.)

Linking up with
One Monthly Goal
Midweek Makers







7 comments:

  1. Lots going on in your sewing room. I love what you are doing with the homespuns. I have a small collection; I need to find something to use them in. Are you starching before cutting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some wonderful projects on the go and looks like plentiful stash! Good luck with your blockheads.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so good to keep a tally on yardage in and out - puts everything in perspective! Thanks for sharing today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That squirrel mug rug is precious! Good luck with your OMG! I just read about Pat Sloan's QAL and am resisting the urge to jump in.....but the blocks are so pretty! Congratulations on being in the black with our fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving that mug rug! I haven’t seen my stash of homespun in years! It’s probably all disintegrated, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've made some great progress on the Blockheads blocks. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck on your project.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The mug rug is pretty fun. I bet that gets a lot of love and use. Good luck on your November goal. Looks like you've gotten off to a good start.

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.