Sunday, November 30, 2014

DWM: November wrap-up, plaid diversion, and GIMQ

Saturday sunset 
Pheasant is pleasant


















We enjoyed two Thanksgiving dinners. The first was on Thursday with our friends Erika and Nick (and their daughter, sister, and brother-in-law).  My contribution to the feast was Mama Stamberg's Cranberry Relish . It is as   an auditory as well as a culinary tradition as I listen to the recipe presented on NPR's Morning Edition the Friday before Thanksgiving. The second was on Saturday with my sister Valerie, brother-in-law Rod, and niece Amelia.  They served roast pheasant (which V&R hunted).  I brought curried parsnips, an easy and delicious recipe from the Joy of Cooking. (Parsnips, onion, curry, milk, sour cream.)

 I used motifs from a vintage tablecloth and hopsack yardage from the Deep Stash to make this tote bag for our Thursday hostess.  The turquoise and green are akin to AAUW colors, which is how she and I met.



  



Victoria at Park Hill Farm wrote that she was making plaid blocks for Beth at Love Laugh Quilt . Plaids? I have some of those!  The dozen blocks I made for Beth used just over a yard.  Now I want to make a whole bunch for myself.  I do love those homespuns.










Last week I was undecided about joining the crowd for Grand Illusion.  I made up my mind -- I'm in!  I decided to start with half the number of blocks. (Bonnie said that's okay.) Here is the result.

I did get this cleaned up











And the November wrap-up:
Fabric acquired in November:  NONE!
Fabric used in November: 58-3/4 yards!

I'm linking up with other quiltmakers at Judy's Patchwork Times  and Quiltville's Mystery Monday .


P.S. I reached an automotive milestone on Saturday and managed to photograph it.  The CRV is still running well after 11 years and 11 months.



6 comments:

  1. Ooooh--such pretty blocks--maybe I could do half, too! I am so tempted--I have a TON of pinks and aquas...we'll see. Have you had trouble printing her instructions? My Epson printer says not able to print>>>> hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're joining the fun! Great projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great fabric usage numbers this month! I don't think I got one thing actually finished in November. (Well, I did quilt a huge quilt that took days! But it wasn't mine! Sigh.) Your GI blocks are lovely. I'm staying on the sidelines this year. Again. Although I will be working on one of her other mysteries.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful bright colors for your GI, I look forward to watching your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your plaid Diversion is GREAT!! I love those blocks. And I think my plaids may rival yours.... they could be friends lol

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.