Friday, August 5, 2011

My short career as a race driver

The Boys & Girls Club has a Golf Cart Race fundraiser. Businesses and organizations pay to enter and designate drivers. The "track" is a block on Shiloh Blvd. in Zion, adjacent to the weekly Farmers' Market. This year there were about 29 drivers who competed in heats of 3 or 4. There was a semi-final round and then a final. I represented Rotary, despite my disclaimer that I had never driven a golf cart before -- and I won! 
Rotary won last year, as well, so our participation in 2012 is inevitable. 
Coming down the stretch
Heat 7: Drivers for Rotary, Kiwanis, Zion Woman's Club





1 comment:

  1. You speed demon you! I suppose you can now tick the box of "competitive racing", been there, done that.

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.