Sunday, April 24, 2011

All set!

I appreciate all the comments about which fabric to use to sash the postage stamp strips. I chose red. It's not the brick red in the photo because I didn't have enough. This red is pinker, less brick-y.  I cut the sashes 3".  This will be have to be an example of "it will quilt out" because I didn't pay a lot of attention to the bias edges on the strips. (I should have used quarter-square rather than half-square triangles.) 
It's 49 x 78.  The 1.5" stamps sparkle, don't they?
(See this quilt for another example.)
And, "all set" in a second meaning -- a vintage tablecloth and daffodils from our garden for our Easter table.

5 comments:

  1. Love the quilt and the table is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great choice, nann, the squares really show up and the sashing merely a supporting player....and your table is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recommended the blue, but I really like this too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty confetti quilt you have made! And your garden's daffy's grace a lovely table, too.
    Vic in NH

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That postage stamp quilt is great!

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.