Thursday, February 25, 2010

Progress while procrastinating

I ought to be working on the NLCQG challenge quilt. The theme is "Name That Tune," that is, "take a song and quilt it!"  I have the tune picked out. I have fabrics pulled. I have considered one design and then another, in my head.  The challenge will be revealed at the May 5 meeting, so I have two months and a week to go (with a lot going on between now and then).
Meanwhile, last week I pulled 2.5 strips from the basket below the cutting table.  They turned into this 60 x 74 quilt, which I finished last evening.  The Scrappy Bargello
is a Bonnie Hunter design.

Now, back to the challenge drawing board....

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Batik Bars: done, done!

I pieced "Batik Bars" in March, 2009, and quilted it last week.  It's 78 x 82. I used variegated thread to quilt loopy swirls in the body of the quilt, my 'trademark' parallel zig-zags on the inner border, and perpendicular parallel lines in the outer border.  The quilt will be raffled at the AAUW-IL state convention at the end of April.  (Proceeds will benefit Waukegan Area Branch projects and the AAUW Funds.)

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Recent stitching


















(1) Wonky log cabin blocks -- my contribution to the BiblioQuilters 2010 quilts at the ALA Annual Conference.
(2) Scrappy hearts -- a BlockSwappers' exchange.  This is a flimsy (unquilted top).
(3) Nine Patch Strippy -- finished!!  This is the second quilt I've made with this design. The BlockSwappers have had several 3.5" Nine Patch exchanges. The blocks are so cute!