I was one of the winners of the January Block Lotto I chose to keep the nine blocks that I made and I received the others from other block-makers. The double nine-patch block had already inspired a flimsy (photo here) and I didn't feel like making alternate blocks again. When I put the black/white blocks on the design wall I thought of a woven coverlet. I think the white-on-black print has just the right density for the border. The flimsy is 69 x 78. The setting used 1-3/4 yards.
I'm linking up to Judy's Patchwork Times for the monthly stash update.* Fabric used, February: 21-3/4 yards
* Total fabric used since January 1: 58-3/8 yards
* Fabric acquired, Febrary: 6-1/4 bought; 3/4 swapped = 7 yards total
* Fabric acquired since November 1: 7 yards total
The HeartStrings blocks I pieced this month have been assembled. The flimsy is basted and is the next thing to go under the needle.
And on Monday I will link up to Judy's Design Wall Monday and to Beth's Monday Making .