The library's 8th annual craft fair was also on Saturday. My shift at the library staff table was 3-4 p.m., the closing hour of the show. I sold two quilts at $60 each. (I spent $47 at other crafters' booths, so I came out ahead.)
Sunday afternoon DH and I went to see the new movie Lincoln. It was excellent.
Henrietta left a comment on my DWM post last week. I looked up her blog and found this quilt in progress. She in turn posted a link to a pattern for that design by Cheryl Malkowski for Timeless Treasures: here It was just right for a raffle quilt for the AAUW holiday luncheon next month. I pulled out reds, greens, and cream-on-cream. Cheryl's instructions made cutting the "chisel" pieces easy. I used two Christmas prints for a pieced back. I free-motioned in a medium-sized meander. The binding was easy, and I was done! [Stash used: 6-3/8 yards.]
Then I took the photo. And looked. And found that two of the chisels are pieced the wrong way. Drat. I will still take it to the AAUW party and hope that no one will notice the mispiecing.
I made the pattern according to the directions, with 4 reds and 4 greens cut into 3.5" strips. If I made it again I would use at least 6 of each color and I'd cut the strips smaller. That would make smaller blocks, of course.
Take a look at what other quiltmakers are working on this week at Judy's Patchwork Times.