Saturday, September 4, 2010

Christmas Cottages

This is "Christmas Cottages I," made for the Waukegan Area Branch of AAUW for its holiday raffle.  The block is Happy Scrappy Houses by Bonnie Hunter.  The houses are 8"; with the setting triangles the blocks are 9.5" finished.  The quilt is approx. 69 x 78.   I finished the quilting and the binding today! 
 A companion quilt ("Christmas Cottages II") is in the works.  It will be the Friends of the Library holiday raffle.  One of my coworkers is making cottages for CC-II.  I welcome her assistance because, truth to tell, after making 42 houses for CC-I and 28 (out of 42) houses for CC-II, plus 12 non-Christmas houses for a BlockSwappers exchange, I'm ready to work on something different!

4 comments:

  1. Love it, Nann! I wish I was as proficient as you are. Or that I just finished more!
    Post the other quilt when it's finished, too.
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely Adorable!! ~Nancy from Michigan

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE IT!! I definately have this pattern in my quilty future! Thanks for sharing your lovely version :)

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.