It's 7:00 a.m. Tuesday as I type this.
Fierce storms came through yesterday. The 3" of rain was welcome but the high winds were not. The power went out at 3 p.m. A friend and I went out to dinner. I pulled my armchair next to the front window and read by sunlight and then lantern-light.
I had the presence of mind to open the garage door before the storm. I plugged devices into the USB connectors in the car to charge. I left the car running until they were fully juiced up.
ComEd reports that power should be back by noon tomorrow for most customers.
It could be a lot worse. In some south suburbs there was golf ball-sized hail, roofs blew off, and basements flooded.
No sewing for a couple of days!
Now to go out to find a cup of coffee......
It's good to hear you avoided storm damage. Very clever to open the garage door. I remember filling our bathtub with water years ago when a huge ice storm had been forecast. My husband teased me, but that water was appreciated to flush the toilet after our power went out during that ice storm.
ReplyDeleteFingers crossed that the power is restored sooner instead of later. Very glad you didn't have serious damage and so smart to use the car to charge your devices.
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear you didn’t suffer any damage or flooding. Every once in a while, Mother Nature likes to show who is really in charge……..
ReplyDeleteI hope your power is back on. Sounds like you were well prepared.
ReplyDelete