Monday, August 3, 2026

Weekly update: stash report and a good start to August


A short walk close to home on Friday.   Top: compass plant, Culver's root, prairie pinnate coneflower.  Center: tansy, purple coneflower, jewelwood. Bottom: monarda, rosinweed.

It rained all day Saturday--nice and gentle, no wind.  I puttered around indoors.

 Stash report for July:  fabric IN 41.75 yards, $70, average $1.67 per yard.  Fabric OUT 71-5/8 yards.    Year to date:   fabric IN 233-3/4 yards, $307, average $1.31 per yard. Fabric OUT 451-5/8 yards.   That's a net decrease of 218 yards -- hooray!

# # # # #  


Hopscotch Butterscotch is a flimsy.  I think the border piano keys should have more dark than medium but for the time being I'm not going to worry about that.   It's going to be donated to a worthy cause eventually.    







I made coin units (5" x 15") in yellow for the August RSC.  







I've chosen brown-and-black batiks for "Sheryl, " the August top-along pattern.  I got this far last evening while watching H is for Hawk on Netflix.  I'll assemble it tonight.


RSC and the top-along were going to be my August goals.   Well, those were easy.   I'm not going to set other quilting goals.   My trip to Scotland (Road Scholar #55) is August 12-29.  I have a lot of not-quilting things to do before I leave.

Linking up with Monday Musings  Sew and Tell  Design Wall Monday  OMG 2026  RSC 2026


15 comments:

  1. Hopscotch Butterscotch turned out lovely. The lighter border makes for a pretty contrast, kind of shimmering. Maybe a dark binding, wider than you normally do, would make it look more cohesive to you? Have an amazing time on your trip to Scotland!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always like piano key borders. They do seem a bit light, but maybe a dark binding will solve that problem. Your trip will be upon you soon! Thanks for sharing in Sew & Tell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopscotch Butterscotch turned out beautifully. That's a lot of scraps out of the stash in that project. The brown and black is an interesting color combo, but it works. Very masculine feel to that project. Scotland will be a fun trip. It seems you work as hard to get ready as you do unpacking when you get home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holee Buckets Hopscotch went together fast!! I like the medium piano keys - maybe bind with dark then ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopscotch Butterscotch is lovely; what a wonderful way to use up scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hopscotch Butterscotch is lovely; what a wonderful way to use up scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the black and brown quilt. I would have never thought how good those 2 colors could look together, but they work great. I like that piano key border on Hopscotch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. very respectable usage nann...and i love your flimsy...it's just right i think...and into the jungle mode next i see...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nann, your scrappy quilts are always spectacular, and this one does not disappoint ! The coin border is perfect too!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the Hopscotch design - so pretty in all the scrappy colors! Your rainbow of coin strips are going to make a fun quilt, too. Scotland sounds like a wonderful destination!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, that was fast! I enjoy seeing the flowers blooming near you. Have a wonderful time on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Perhaps you can use a dark colour for binding Hopscotch? It's a fun quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a fun quilt and like your version of piano keys.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, have a wonderful time in Scotland! A couple of my kids hiked the Highland Way a couple years ago and came home raving about all the good food (of course there is nothing like a full day hiking to make one's appetite uncritical, I guess). This will be shorter flights and not as much of a language barrier as Peru; hopefully you will have equally congenial travel mates. Hopscotch and Sheryl are both fun, and so different from each other!

    Ceci

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like that Hopscotch Butterscotch quilt really nice.

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.