Monday, August 31, 2026

Weekly update: end of the August

New fridge collage

 

The trip to Scotland was wonderful!   I got home Friday evening.  I've recovered from jet lag and I'm gradually coming up to speed with regular life.   The travelog is in process (basically a compilation of the daily Facebook posts and photos).  I'll post it in a day or two.






The design wall is as I left it on August 12 with batik wonky stars.   

Instead of working on those the past two evenings I made purple coin units for the September RSC.    The pattern calls for 12 blocks with two coin units each.    I'm going to figure out what other colors (coral? lime green? gray?) I can use to make 4 more blocks.   [I didn't make all-pastel coins that RSC month, so there are 8 colors here.]

Since I do not plan to acquire or use fabric on this last day of the month, here's the stash report. 

Fabric IN, August:  13-1/2 yards, $5.00, average .37 per yard.    Fabric OUT, August: 15-1/2 yards.    Year to date fabric IN:  247-1/4 yards, $312, average $1.26 per yard.  Year to date fabric OUT: 467-1/8.   Net stash DECREASE:   219-7/8 yards!  

Linking up with Design Wall Monday  Sew and Tell Oh Scrap! Monday Musings 


11 comments:

  1. I am look8ng forward to your travel post. The patches are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your trip to Scotland definitely looked amazing! So glad all went well. It can be good to get home and sew on something simple like your coin strips, too. Love all the colors there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's an impressive number for the Net Stash Decrease! Congrats. Welcome back. :) I adore that little Highland Cow. <3 Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome home; looking forward to your travelog! Hope you are having cooler weather than we are so that the contrast to Scotland is not too extreme.

    Ceci

    ReplyDelete
  5. 37 cents per yard is what I used to pay for cotton fabric in 1955 for skirts when I was in high school.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to reading your travel post. Scotland is on our bucket list. August fabric out total is amazing considering you were away for so long.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm looking forward to hearing all about your trip. I got to visit Scotland briefly once and would love to have been able to return for a much longer visit but it hasn't happened, and won't now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome home! I vote for lime green and coral but not gray.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the decrease in stash! Good work! Can't wait to see Scotland. We went last year, and loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome home! You have a big number decrease in the stash. That is great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like you made good use of the weekend to get back into your routine. Looking forward to seeing your coin blocks come together and hear more about your trip.

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.