Pages

Friday, July 24, 2026

Friday check in: hardly neutral

 While I was away my Janome had its own spa week. I picked it up from the shop on Monday and it's back in business.

The new project is the guild charity challenge.  There are three elements:  use some fabric donated to the guild; use a pattern from a book in the guild library; designate the finished quilt for one of the guild charities (Project Linus; a transitional living facility; a local nursing home).  I selected fabric at the July meeting.  I cross-checked the guild library holdings with books I own and found there were many.   I think this will go to Project Linus.  



After considering many possibilities I chose "Waves" from Amy Ellis's Modern Neutrals.

My colorway is definitely not neutral!  


The butterfly print is the focus fabric I chose from the guild bin, along with several coordinates.  




 I added more from my stash.








Here is it so far.  I have 81 of the 120 sashing triangles made.


I came down with a mild flu on Tuesday -- respiratory, not digestive, which I attribute to the vicissitudes of air travel rather than anything I ate or drank in Peru.  I've spent two days inside, napping a lot.  I feel better today!

Thanks for reading, my friends -- have a good weekend! 

4 comments:

  1. That is an interesting twist to a coin style quilt. Air travel used to do that to us too, glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a colorful start. I hope the Peru trip went well. Viridian

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a fun and fast design, Nann, and pretty in all the color! I love the butterfly print for inspiration. Sorry you came down with something, but glad it's better now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like where you are going with that!!

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.