We went to my sister's house for Christmas dinner. No photos, just a good visit.
I enjoyed a beach walk on December 26.
# # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # #
Frolic, Part 5. Easy-peasy. I predict the next part will involve some assembly.
The stacking Snapware boxes come in handy for the mystery quilt clues.
I dropped a box off at Salvation Army and went in the store to see if there was anything interesting. This delicious Free Spirit print had been made into four "curtains"--the rod pocket and bottom/side hems had been fastened down with fusible web. Ten yards in all for $8.50 with sales tax. I think I've found the backing for Frolic.
When I have leftover right-angle triangles I toss them into a shoebox. Every so often I sew a bunch of them into triangle-squares (HSTs). Both boxes were getting pretty full so I thought I'd take stock of those I'd sewn.
Here's how they sorted out: from 1-1/2" to 4-1/2". There were more 3-1/2" (upper center) than any other.
I have boxes for 2" and 2-1/2" so I added these to those. I put the larger and smaller sizes into ziploc bags.
I kept the 2" box out and began piecing. Look what happened! The blocks are 4.5" finished. The setting fabric is a recent acquisition -- a circa 1980's Peter Pan ditsy print that I got at a rummage sale (3-3/8 yds for fifty cents). 84 x 68.
I'll post my Annual Reckoning in a couple of days. Meanwhile, I'm joining other bloggers in the weekly link ups.
Design Wall Monday