Monday, February 26, 2018

Weekly update: not much to report


I made 80 Double X blocks.. I thought I had  decided on a double-sash setting. That is, I will make sets of four and sash around each set. But I have another idea in the works!

Remember that I'm trying to use up -- exhaust -- clean out the 30's stash. All that's left of the yellow (inner sashing) are two 6" strips and a few 1.5" squares!

(Yes, I know I could give away / swap / sell the 30's stash. But that would be giving up.)






The guild round robin is in the fifth round so the tops are getting bigger. I was going to add a checkerboard outer border. I contemplated cutting down the previous contributor's elaborate braid border but thought better of it. (I don't want to insult her.)  I looked at it again and realized that the bluebirds in the center [contributed in the second round] need a place to roost.  I'll make a flower basket (the white blobs are flowers traced on fusible web).






DH had a very bad spell while I was in Denver. He was discharged from the hospital on Saturday to a local nursing home (10 minutes away) for physical therapy to get steady on his feet.  I've been juggling my schedule to be with him, especially at dinnertime. He's been sundowning (end-of-day anxiety).

Monday linkups:
Design Wall Monday
Monday Making


P.S.  A long-time member of our church passed away. Her executors let the church women take things before they had the house cleared out.  We had a silent auction after church yesterday. I got this quilt for $20. I was excited at first -- vintage!  But upon closer examination (coarse stitches, lumpy batting) I think it's a Chinese knockoff. 


5 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear your DH had a bad spell! Hope he is doing better now and able to return home soon. Familiar surroundings will probably make him a lot more comfortable and be easier on you! Your double x blocks will be great with that sashing and right in line with the 30's fabrics. I like your idea on the Round Robin, too!
    Hugs, Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your round robin solution!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your DH is better soon. I love you didn't give up on the 30s stash. This is going to be a great quilt! Loving your round robin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aaarrrrgh...a chinese knockoff...how awful...sorry to hear about your dh....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope that the PT works wonders and that normal life resume soon.

    The visual interest in the centre of the RR quilt balances the border, that was a good idea.

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.