Monday, December 4, 2017

On Ringo Lake, part #2

 

On Saturday evening we enjoyed the Carthage College Christmas concert featuring the college choirs and orchestra.  Tickets are free and they go quickly. When I checked in early November all three performances were sold out. I mentioned that to a friend who gave me two tickets she couldn't use.  The concert was wonderful and we are grateful to our friend.

# # # # # # # # # # #

I'm working on Clue #2 of On Ringo Lake.  I have trouble with "light neutrals" -- white-on-white and cream-on-cream I can handle, but subtle little prints and not-white and not-cream lights are harder. On the other hand, my stash includes lots of salmon pink/orange.











I'm using Deb Tucker's Wing Clipper ruler to make the geese four-at-a-time.  There's more trimming involved but the results are accurate.



Today's link ups:  On Ringo Lake
Design Wall Monday

8 comments:

  1. Pretty coral geese! I love Deb's ruler; I use it to trim blocks, even when I don't do her 4-at-a-time technique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use that ruler to trim my geese, too, and really like how accurate it is. You have some pretty geese in your box!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how your corals look more tangerine. I snuck a few tangerines in my stack, but overall I think I went more pink. I found your blog through the link up (I'm IslandTimeQuilting.blogspot.com but am linking through Instagram). Nice to meet you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blocks look great! I love your colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have that ruler also. I'm using Bonnie's Essential Triangle Tool for my Geese. Nice Friend to share her tickets!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is that Carthage College in Kenosha? (I'm not sure if there is more than one?!). My parents live in Kenosha and I graduated from Parkside. Small world!

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.