Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Midweek: the tree farm is growing

It took a couple of blocks to get the hang of cutting the 2.5" strips into the required lengths. (White strips are 1.5" to 8.5" and red strips are 2.5" to 8.5".)  There is some duplication from block to block but not within each block. I tried to put the duplicates in different rows.

The blocks are 14-1/2" x 16-1/2" unfin.

This evening I began cutting strips from Christmas green prints. There will be six green-and-white blocks to alternate with the red-and-white.

Cyndy, who blogs at Quilting is More Fun Than Housework, offered to swap novelty prints for "happy pinks and yellows." I took her up on the deal.   What she sent is a great addition to my novelty stash. I'm glad we could help one another out.

I'm linking up with Midweek Makers. Thanks for hosting, Susan.

5 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the addition of the green and white blocks to the pretty red and white ones! What a pretty quilt this is going to make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your trees are lovely. I found that pattern in a quilt quilt sale bin for $1. Now, I'm more eager to get started on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are cool - can't wait to see them alternated with the green ones. And both you and Cyndy scored on your fabric swap! Thanks for sharing this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow can't wait to see all those trees together...very very nice indeed!

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.