Monday, September 19, 2016

Weekly Update: Winter Stars and what sneaked in

Winter Stars is now a flimsy. It's 64 x 64 and used 5 yds.  This will be raffled to benefit AAUW projects.

(A tip o' the hat to you who provided advice for the border print. Thanks!) 
















Look what sneaked up on the design wall.  I've been making 2-1/2" HSTs as leaders-and-enders. Some of them became pinwheels, and lo and behold, another quilt is in process.


What I need to get going on is the t-shirt quilt that's my September OMG. The sashing and border fabric I ordered from Fabrics.com came in mid-week. No excuses, but with evening meetings M W Th I will have limited sewing time.






See what other quiltmakers are working on at these linkups:
Patchwork Times
Cooking Up Quilts
Quilting Is More Fun Than Housework
Love Laugh Quilt



5 comments:

  1. I really like the way your stars turned out with that border...and look another quilt in the making. I just throw those leftover triangles away. I should think about saving them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. two more beauties to add to your portfolio...love 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is just too easy to start quilts! But it is so rewarding to use up every last bit! Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! Cynthia is absolutely right... much harder to actually make it to the finish line! Your Winter Stars turned out great. Hope it brings in a lot of money for the causes supported by AAUW. Sept is almost over whether we get our OMG's done or not! Yikes. I like your little triangles...any plans for them yet? I'm sewing some 2" half squares triangles that need some inspiration to be able to put them to use.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your pinwheels! I too do leaders and Enders and love the way a quilt can sneak into being while working on a main project!
    Ellie Lively

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.