Sunday, July 17, 2016

Weekly update: Vinnie progress

I finished 20 "Vinnie" blocks and assembled them Saturday evening. I think they look like beads. The little patches in the centers of the white spaces are 1-1/4" and I will applique them.

The blocks are 10" so this is 40 x 50. I'd like it a little larger, but not to the extent of making more blocks.  I'm considering what to do for a border. I may do piano keys, or a variation thereof, to emphasize all the scrappy 30's prints.

This coming week I need to work on the commissioned pillowcases, this month's Block Lotto, and get started on a project for the silent auction for the guild's November show.

I'm joining other quiltmakers on Monday for these linkups:
 Oh, Scrap!
  Monday Making
 Main Crush Monday
 Design Wall Monday

7 comments:

  1. Very cute! But I can see why you chose not to make more blocks. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is lovely-I like the colors and the patterning. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is very pretty but does look time consuming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hum, I like it very much. I have a Go die that would make a similar shape as each of the colored pieces but not so chubby. I may have to think about whether it would work doing something like this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Vinnie top looks great! I like the block even better now that I see a whole quilt full of 'em! It's got such a great vintage vibe, but still very unusual.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh yeah that is a gorgeous scrappy....i've filed it away for the future...LOL...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't seen this block before but I like it very much. I also like your scrappy fabric choices; they work beautifully.

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.