Rather than coffee hour after Easter service we had a light breakfast before. My contribution was a bundt cake that included mashed bananas (which I had in the freezer). Easter dinner was roast lamb, asparagus, and rice pilaf, with the banana bundt cake for dessert. [My bundt pan is avocado green, which gives you an idea of how long I've had it.]
I managed to get to the third week of March without writing anything in the "fabric used" column of my running tally. In contrast the "fabric acquired" column is lengthy. I was determined to get something done!
I picked up Scrappy Pinwheels from Barb. She's a guild member with a new long-arm business. Her Gammill is set up on her sunporch that overlooks one of the many small lakes in this area. She did a splendid job on the quilt -- you can see the detail in the second photo.
Scrappy Pinwheels is the AAUW spring raffle quilt.
I picked up that one and took two other flimsies to Barb. On the way home I stopped at Quilt Play and, yes, I bought fabric.
I can boast of almost-three finishes this week!
I used leftover units from Scrappy Pinwheels on the back.
The second finish and the almost-finish are two HeartStrings flimsies made by guild members for our 2016 charity project. I said that I would quilt five of the guild's HS tops. #3 is all done. #4 is quilted but not bound. Here's a picture of the pieced backs.
I plan to get NYB assembled this week. For sure.
See what other quiltmakers are working on
Design Wall Monday