Thursday, October 1, 2015

Stash report: September

I broke down and bought border fabric for the Holly Pinwheel quilt -- just the red, though. (Oh, and three other FQ, two for my ongoing typeface collection and another . . .)

Stash report, September 
Fabric acquired:   17-7/8
Fabric used: 16-1/4
January-September
Fabric acquired:  99-1/4 ($324.60)
Fabric used: 251-5/8 
Net decrease: 152-3/8









I met with fellow guild members at Buttons and Bolts to begin our 2016 raffle quilt. I was tempted by the beautiful fabric that Heather stocks, but I resisted. However, I stopped at an antiques mall across the road and bought this 1932 Dresden Plate quilt for $76.00. It has some stains, mostly on the back. It was obvious that the quilt had been washed many times before so I didn't hesitate to wash it again. The stains did not come out. So be it. 

I posted the photos on the Vintage Quilts FB page and a helpful list member looked up the names on Ancestry.com.   She found out that the women lived in Mattoon, Illinois (Coles County), some on the same street.  (What is "CYB"? More research!)

Note the blue quilting thread.

I'll use the quilt in my "Every Quilt Tells a Story" programs this season. After that I may send it to the Coles County Historical Society (unless I change my mind!).


3 comments:

  1. Lovely quilts....I'm admiring how you keep track of your fabrics...I'm lucky to do the math to make a quilt!
    Debra in Ma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way your red pinwheels move into the dark round. Nice find on the Dresden Plate quilt. Could the Y be for youth?

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.