Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Midweek update: another bookshelf

From start to finish in three days! This is bookshelf quilt #35, if my count is correct.  It's for one of the ZBPL department heads who is retiring at the end of June.

Unfortunately for me I cannot attend the retirement reception on June 22 because I will be in California between the AAUW national convention and the ALA Annual Conference.  I will wrap the gift and drop it off at the library office. They'll be sure to put it out at the reception.

I use Christine Thresh's pattern (here) for all the bookshelf quilts I've made. My procedure has gotten pretty efficient. I have a box of motifs fussy-cut from novelty fabrics already backed with fusible web.  I like to use the same black-on-black print for an entire wallhanging so I don't pre-make the blocks (in case I run out of a particular b-o-b).

1 comment:

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.