Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy trails! and a quilt for me

nametags
The public reception was last week -- and the staff party was yesterday!  We'd had Mexican and Italian and Asian menus at other library parties. I chose barbeque. The library staff includes a lot of ace party planners and they had great fun with a nouveau western theme -- keeping my favorite colors of purple and lime. 

Purple and green bandannas were folded around the boot cutout with silverware tucked inside.

Here is the link to more pictures: https://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set/?set=a.10152385878547349.1073741885.29373207348&type=1



And here's my quilt! The staff and the trustees signed quilt blocks. Barb set and quilted them. Look at the border fabric!  
On Friday afternoon I finished writing 43 thank you notes. I have some more writing to do this afternoon! (These gift bags have fat quarters, real quarters, a scrapbook for our travel photos, picnicware, and more wonderful, thoughtful gifts.)
 

1 comment:

  1. I spoke at a guild yesterday that meets in a middle school library. There were such wonderful book displays around the room. I instantly thought of you. I know you're going to miss it.

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.