The Block Swappers have a quarterly swap of 3.5" nine-patches. When I sent a batch of 60 off for the May exchange I realized that I have a box full of these cute little blocks. I put some up on the design wall and here's a new flimsy!
i made a similar quilt a couple of years ago (here) The new flimsy uses the same blue-gray checked fabric --in fact, I didn't have enough of it which is why the setting triangles are red. The border fabric has little red cherries. [68 x 74]
Here is the half-a-flimsy.
I had a box of 1.5 x 7 batik strips left from the piano key border on Lulu's Baskets . I sewed them into 6's and trimmed them to 6.5" blocks. A photo in a quilt magazine gave me the idea for the sashing. I may add sashing/cornerstones around the perimeter, or I may just add a border. I like the low-contrast effect.
More fabric! These are gifts from library staff and trustees (from the party Saturday). 4-1/2 yards. I think I've replenished the purple stash.
See what's other quiltmakers' design walls at Judy's Patchwork Times.