The United Methodist Women will have their Valentine Party this coming Thursday. Rather than buying a box of paper Valentines to exchange, I made potholders. 19 of 'em! They are 8-1/2" (finished) and have a layer of Insul-Brite and cotton batting to provide heat-resistance. Stash used: 3-1/2 yards.
Wednesday's guild meeting was our annual charity sewing night. About a dozen of us brought machines and fabric to make pillowcases. Joan and I had a system: she brought her Featherweight and sewed the straight seams. I brought my Pfaff and zig-zagged most of the seam finishes until Sue got going on her serger to finish seams for everyone.
I brought fabric for 20 pillowcases. Joan and I finished 13 of them.
Back home I made the other 7, which I'll deliver at the guild board meeting this coming week. The pillowcases used 20 yards from my stash.
On Friday I went to Joann's and to Hobby Lobby in search of Heat 'n' Bond Light by the yard. Neither store has it. (They have Wonder Under. They have HNBL in rolls of 1"strips. I'll need to buy it online.) Since I was there I took advantage of the weekly sale and of the HL clearance rack.
But the use this week outnumbered the acquisition!
See what other quiltmakers are working on at Judy's Patchwork Times .