Sunday, February 16, 2014

DWM: batik baskets

Here is my work-in-progress.  I was inspired by a quilt that Pat Sloan brought to the program she gave for our guild last year.  I drew my own templates, which turned out to make 4x6 baskets. The blocks are 7.5x7.5 (unfinished) so, unbordered, this is 42 x 56.  I will add borders (right now, I'm thinking about piano keys that incorporate all the colors). 

The finished quilt will be raffled to support the Lulu Corkhill Williams Friendship Fund, a project of the Illinois State Chapter of P.E.O.  The Lulu fund provides grants for emergency assistance.  Eligible women and men are referred by local P.E.O. chapters.  (You can read about Lulu and her eponymous fund in this story by my good friend Fran Becque.)

See what other quiltmakers are working on at Judy's Patchwork Times .

6 comments:

  1. That is beautiful Nann! I had just been admiring that exact same quilt last week, only that one was done in Civil War fabrics. I love this version with the bright colors! This would be such a terrific hand work project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this little basket block. Wonderfully bright colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those baskets are wonderful. I think the piano key border is a great idea. Can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very pretty nann.....batiks always make everything zing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your basket top!! What a great idea to use batiks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Basket blocks are so pretty! Nice job Nann.

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.