Here is the flock of 65 red bird ornaments. These will be given to library staff, volunteers, and trustees. (I used DMC floss for the hangers.)
The framed 9-patch blocks stayed on the design wall all week. I made some more blocks. I experimented with ways to set them.
I am partial to on-point settings.
I'm leaning toward sashes made out of one neutral-ish print with scrappy cornerstones.
But I may change my mind....stay tuned!
This is the project I need to get started. It's a commission for a family of Pittsburgh Steelers fans -- thus, black/gold/white. I have a pattern in mind. Here is an initial assortment of fabric.
The accessory: a compact smartphone or tablet stylus.
It attaches to the earphone socket. Pull it out to use it.
Two of these are made out of turned acrylic and three are turned box elder. From the same vendor I bought a seam ripper with a beautiful box elder handle (for myself) and a zebra-wood pen (for a gift.)
See what other quiltmakers are working on at Judy's Patchwork Times.
|It is hard to hold the camera in one hand while taking a picture of the other hand. |