Sunday, August 11, 2013

DWM: wonky stars

I basted and quilted the black-centered Heartstrings flimsy that I showed last week. It took an evening-and-a-half.   I used gray thread and just meandered. That's finish #23 for the year!

I'm stuck on quilting the tall sailboats, and rather than spinning my wheels, I basted Tam's Patch (see last week's DWM) and have begun to quilt it.  It's going much more smoothly than the sailboats. 



 

This month's Block Lotto features wonky red stars.  Here are my nine entries.  









DH and I were up EARLY Sunday to try to see the Perseid meteor shower.  We had to drive pretty far to find a place dark enough. I saw one shooting star, I think -- the challenge is that by the time the brain registers seeing a meteor, it's gone.  Apparently the viewing will be better at 2 a.m. Monday. I don't know if I'll get up for that.

Sunday afternoon  our  P.E.O. chapter had a picnic aboard the Nancy D., the boat (yacht) owned by one of our sisters and her husband.  Friendship, fella-ship (with our BILs -- that's P.E.O.-speak for brothers-in-love), good food -- and a two-hour cruise on Lake Michigan. 

See what other quiltmakers are working on at Judy's Design Wall Monday.



A happy camper!
Our hostess
 

3 comments:

  1. love the red background and looks like you had a good day out in the fresh air.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your stars. I have seen wonky stars but never made any. They might be really good for a child's comfort quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahoy matey! looks like a good time was had by all...

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.