Monday, December 17, 2012

DWM: Easy Street 4, log cabins, and crossed stars

 Here's Easy Street, step 4. I whipped up the purple-and-turquoise geese....and then found out I had cut them all too big!  Well, I had only to trim them down.  Here is one guess for setting the blocks. The color scheme is pretty snappy!

 This 60 x 60 flimsy began with log cabin blocks from the estate sale I went to last week.  There was just enough of the red print used in the logs left to make the 36 3" nine patches. I was pleasantly surprised that the on-point setting fit around the log cabin blocks.  The outer border is a Thimbleberries print I've had for quite some time--another one of those "I can't cut this!" pieces. It was just right. 








This month's Block Lotto is "Star Crossed."  The directions were to use any three fabrics as long as the values contrast. That forced a good exercise as I selected the fabric.


This is a vacation week for me, so I'm late getting this posted to the
Quiltville link-up and to Design Wall Monday at  Judy's Patchwork Times.

6 comments:

  1. Nann, you've got some very lovely projects up on the wall today! The Crossed Star blocks are beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be fun to see if your guess for the blocks for easy street is correct. One thing is sure, your fabric selection is excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been busy! I like those crossed star blocks a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love the border on the log cabin flimsy - you're right, it's just right!

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.