Monday, November 5, 2012

Easy Street: the fabric

Easy Street is Bonnie Hunter's 2012 mystery quilt.  Her colors are apple green, turquoise, and purple with a gray constant and black-on-white as an accent. 


Fat quarters + yardage
I have all the green, turquoise, and purple well-represented in my stash.   The instructions call for 2 yards of one gray, and I don't think I have 2 yards of a 'suitable' gray.  Fabric shopping is not a hardship! 




See? I really like the combination!



 
The first clues will be posted November 23.  I'm looking forward to this project! 

4 comments:

  1. Your fabrics are perfect! And it looks as though you might squeak by with just enough -- LOL!!! I'm not sure about my gray either, but I'm letting it sit for a while to see if I like it better as time goes on. If I see something better in the meantime I may change it out. I was happy to be able to pull all my fabrics from my stash this time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's times like this that I miss being south and away from my stash!
    I wish I could play with everyone else......

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like the way you have your fabrics organized. i might rethink my drawers here and go that route...easier to get at

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see yours! And believe it or not I sewed for about 1/2 hr tonight! (Well and spent some time this weekend cutting) for my Easy Street! First stuff I"ve worked on since quilt camp in Sept!

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.