Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Surf's up! and another finish

Lake Michigan was affected by Hurricane Sandy, the "frankenstorm" that socked the east coast this week. I took this photo just before 6 p.m. It looks like the ocean, not like the lake!
Here's another finish to add to the list -- #38!   I made Nine Patch Strippy in 2010 using blocks left over from a quilt about five years before that.  I quilted loopy flowers in the nine-patches, meandering in the zig zags, and more "almost feathers" in the border. I was apprehensive about using light blue thread on the dark blue but I didn't do too badly.
This is 56 x 64 and used 2-3/4 yards to back and bind.


3 comments:

  1. very nice quilt, nann, as always..love the colors! and the batik one too..gorgeous! and thanks for your kind comments on MY blog too....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that quilt, and the feathers look great. The quilt looks antique from farther way, but I see all the more modern fabrics up close.
    Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These colors are terrific - glad I popped in to see your blog.

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.