Monday, June 25, 2012

ALA 2012, part 2

More photos from ALA. The Rock Bottom Remainders' last-ever gig was the ALA ProQuest Scholarship Bash on Saturday.  The band includes Dave Barry, Stephen King, Roy Blount Jr., Mitch Albom, Scott Turow, Amy Tan, and others. ("They've got fifty shades of gray...we've got 100 shades of Tan.") 



 It was a sold-out crowd and Lynn and I were in the third row!

Stephen King andn Amy Tan






Abingdon Press has launched a line of quilt novels.  They had a drawing for a quilt (center-right in the photo). 

I always say I'm not going to get too many books and giveaways.....but how many is too many?
As chair of the ALA Council Orientation Committee I was in charge of the Council Suite, and thus stayed in the bedroom adjacent to this common area.  Nice digs, eh?  (Rack rate posted on the door: $600/day. I'm quite sure ALA paid less.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.