Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Snow!

It's December. This is northern Illinois. Snow is expected, and it happened last night.

I got up at 5:00 this morning, bundled up, and went out to clear the stuff away.
The snowblower started right up -- thanks to (a) having it serviced two months
ago and (b) DH's trying it when he was here at Thanksgiving. I finished the job
when the metal ring/hook that attaches the spring & chain for the auger to
the deadman's bar BROKE. It would best if Pete-the-repair-guy affixes a new ring (I'm not
good at jerry-rigging such things) but I'll need help lifting the snowblower into my car.
Hopefully I won't need to blow any snow until after Friday, because until then I don't have
day- or after-work time to go to Pete's shop.

As I was using the shovel to trim up the edges of the snowblowing I slipped
(ice from last weekend's storm) and fell. I hit my left shoulder -- ouch!--nothing
broken, just tender.

(I realize I have just written one of those day-in-the-life blog posts. Other
bloggers would insert a photo of the snow here, but it's still dark outside.)

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh, I just stayed put and worked from home today! And with our driveway we need mark's plow.

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.